The assumption drawn by many consumers looking to purchase a TV is that “bigger is better”. Although in some cases, bigger TV screens can equate to a more cinematic viewing experience, there is such a thing as too big for the room you’re in! Fortunately, the experts at Andrus Audio have made an easy guide for you to figure out what is too much or too little.
The Right TV Size: Viewing Distances
Honest businesses in the TV installation industry will always let you know to purchase the best TV for the size of the room you plan to put it in! Let’s look at some simple statistics for viewing distance versus quality:
- 26″ Screens: 3.25 feet to 5.5 feet viewing distance range
- 32″ Screens: 4.0 feet to 6.66 feet viewing distance range
- 37″ Screens: 4.63 feet to 7.71 feet viewing distance range
- 40″ Screens: 5.0 feet to 8.33 feet viewing distance range
- 46″ Screens: 5.75 feet to 9.5 feet viewing distance range
- 52″ Screens: 6.5 feet to 10.8 feet viewing distance range
- 58″ Screens: 7.25 feet to 12 feet viewing distance range
- 65″ Screens: 8.13 feet to 13.5 feet viewing distance range
- 70″ Screens: 8.75 feet to 14.75 feet viewing distance range
As you see, many television screens are either too small or too big for the rooms they are in! Our recommendation is as follows:
For living rooms and/or cinema rooms: Go ahead and indulge. The larger end of the recommended spectrum will definitely allow for the most cinematic viewing experience in your home. Large screens can create atmosphere as long as they aren’t crammed into too small a space!
For bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and other rooms: Consider the entire range of the spectrum listed above. Many of the secondary televisions in your home may not see the extensive usage that your primary television gets. This is completely dependent on your decision as a homeowner, but more often than not, a television in the middle or lower end of the viewing spectrum range will do just fine!
Want a Television Installation Expert’s Opinion?
This guide is to help you plan and decide for your own home. If you’d like an expert’s opinion in San Diego, make sure to call Andrus Audio today! Our team is here to help you figure out the best solution for your home entertainment needs.
Categories: TV Installation